My name is Leslie Rewis. I am a fertility awareness educator in NorthWest Arkansas in the United States. I’m married to a wonderful, supportive partner. I have a BA and MA in English and a Master of Library and Information Science. You could say I’m a little book-ish. I have taught in some capacity at the university level since 2016. I am currently a librarian at a community college in Arkansas.
I began charting in 2016 when I wanted a method of birth control that didn’t involve hormones or using barriers. I couldn’t believe that no one had ever told me about this natural method for avoiding pregnancy. I decided to spread the word by becoming a certified educator.
I completed my first certification with the Natural Family Planning Teachers Association (NFPTA) under the supervision of a retired medical doctor. This certification was in the double-check sympto-thermal method. After this experience, I desired to work with more complex cycle patterns (like postpartum or PCOS) and have the option for easier medical referral for clients. I began a new certification with the Billings Ovulation Method America association in December 2019 and completed it in February 2021. The Billings Ovulation Method is a lifetime method suitable for all life stages (peri-menopause, postpartum, irregular cycles, PCOS, regular cycles, conception) and for this reason, I am now solely teaching the Billings Ovulation Method in private instruction. Some medical referral is available by charting with this method (dependent on your location).
All of my classes are secular in nature, and I am accepting of clients from all backgrounds (married, LGBTQ+, single, religious, dating, secular). Your partner is welcome to come to the introduction and attend follow-ups.
You can find me on Instagram and Facebook @chartyourfertility
My Experience with Fertility Awareness:
- Billings Ovulation Method – Certified Teacher February 2021 to Present
- NFPTA organization – Certified Teacher October 2019
- Practiced Taking Charge of Your Fertility (Single Check Sympto-Thermal) from 2016 to 2018
- Practiced NFPTA (Double Check Sympto-Thermal) from 2018 to 2019
- Practiced Billings Ovulation Method (cervical mucus/sensation only) July 2019 through Present
- Practiced Marquette Method (estrogen and LH testing)
- Experience using Kegg device, Clearblue Monitor, Daysy thermometer, Pearl Fertility, LH tests, Proov tests